Meet the Director of Economic Development and Government Affairs – Blair Schlecter
Where are you from originally?
- Los Angeles
When did you start working at the Chamber?
What were you doing before you started working at the Chamber?
- I am an attorney by background. I worked for many years at a law firm downtown and then had my own practice for several years.
Favorite thing about your job:
- The ability to make connections and solve problems for our members and see them do well.
What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
- I love to hike, read, watch sports and travel
What are the best and worst things about living in LA?
- The best thing about LA is the diversity of things to do and the people; it’s never boring. The worst part is the traffic
and lack of green space.
One piece of advice for Chamber members:
- Show up to events and functions. Nothing beats the connections you make face to face.
Three bucket list items:
- Travel to Australia
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Attend the Olympic games.
What is one thing you wish you could tell your fifteen-year-old self?
- Enjoy the journey!
- Field of Dreams
Which technological advancements excite you the most?
- Autonomous vehicles
If you could have one superhuman power, what would it be?
- To fly