September is National Preparedness Month
Beverly Hills Taxi Study
Citizens Redistricting Commission Adopts Final Political Maps
Beverly Hills: The Guide. Don't Miss This Opportunity!
Emergency Preparedness for Businesses
It is important to prepare your business for a disaster. Things may be different: there may be loss of utilities, help may not come for several days or even weeks, and suppliers may be unable to make deliveries. There are many variables but, how quickly your business can get back to business depends on how well you prepare your business today. Find out more about what Beverly Hills business can expect during and after a disaster.
Here are some steps that you can take to prepare your business for a disaster:
Plan to Stay in Business
- Take into account all hazards that could affect your business (both man-made and natural disasters). Plan in advance to manage any emergency situation.
- Protect your business by making continuity and emergency plans.
- For more information go to: www.ready.gov/business/plan/index.html
Talk to Your People
- Include people at all levels of your organization in emergency planning.
- Practice your plans with drills and exercises.
- Encourage employees to create their own disaster plans and kits.
- Create communications plan to contact employees and customers during and after a disaster.
- For more information go to: www.ready.gov/business/talk/index.html
Protect Your Investment
Do you or your customers use taxicabs in Beverly Hills? The City is conducting a review of taxi service in Beverly Hills to see how the City can improve service and what problems residents and businesses may be having with taxicabs.
Issues being examined include:
If you would like to comment, please call the City’s consultant, David Koffman, at (415) 281-6918 or send email to the City’s Director of Parking Operations, Chad Lynn, at email@example.com.
- Availability and Quality of Service
- Driver Appearance and Behavior
- Vehicle Condition
The Citizens Redistricting Commission (CRC) adopted final political maps for the Assembly, Senate, Congressional and Board of Equalization districts on August 15. The CalChamber has made supplemental information available here:
Congressional Final Plan
Senate Final Plan
Assembly Final Plan
Board of Equalization Final Plan
The enhanced maps include political and voting history data for each district. A video of the press conference following the commission's adoption of the final maps is online at www.wedrawthelines.ca.gov.
The commission was established when voters approved Proposition 11, the Voters First Act redistricting reform initiative in November 2008. The measure allows the citizens of California—rather than the legislators—to draw legislative districts, thereby eliminating the conflict of interest in the current system. This process makes California a national leader in redistricting reform.
The 2012 elections will be the first to reflect the redrawing of districts that will be in place through 2020. In addition, due to voter-approved Proposition 14, the top two open primary system starts in June 2012 and will create more competitive general elections to help elect more pro-jobs legislators.
Promote Your Business with this 3-for-1 opportunity in the Chamber's 2012 Beverly Hills: The Guide
Beverly Hills: The Guide is a comprehensive publication combining relocation, community information and 625 business listings. It’s the must-have reference for anyone living, visiting, relocating and doing business in the Beverly Hills area — and the perfect opportunity for you to market your products and services.
Your display ad provides a full year of TRIPLE exposure for your business:
Don't Miss This Opportunity! Contact Karen Belle, 310-297-6940 x304, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IN PRINT: Get the benefit of the full year distribution of 20,000 printed copies to select homes in Beverly Hills, Holmby Hills and Bel Air, Beverly Hills hotels, Beverly Hills car rental locations, Department Store Row, Two Rodeo and Chamber businesses.
- DIGITAL EDITION: The interactive digital edition is fully searchable and available to download on the Chamber’s website for the current year to a national and global audience. A click on your ad takes viewers to your website.
- ONLINE MAP: The Chamber’s online map provides members with two business listings (alphabetical and by category), locator pinpoint, driving directions to your business from anywhere in the U.S., and a link to your website.